WWD will host the fourth annual WWD Honors, an annual celebration of individual creative vision and business leadership across the industry. The celebration will anchor WWD’s 2019 CEO Summit on the evening of October 29 in New York.
WWD is pleased to announce Giorgio Armani as this year’s prestigious John B. Fairchild Honoree.
“John B. Fairchild was a visionary, a pioneer that left behind a lasting mark on the history of journalism, revolutionizing the way fashion is portrayed. I’m honoured to receive this prestigious award bearing his name, in recognition of my work as entrepreneur and creative designer. A job that thrills me today as it did the first day, because it gives me the opportunity to express myself by creating something new every time,” said Mr. Giorgio Armani.
Mr. Armani, the chairman of his namesake privately held company citing revenues of 2 billion euros, is to be recognized in front of more than 250+ c-level executives on the opening night of the WWD Apparel + Retail CEO Summit on October 29.
“There are few designers who one can say truly changed the way women and men dress, and Giorgio Armani is among them,” said James Fallon, editorial director of WWD. “Mr. Armani’s signature minimalism is iconic worldwide and he continues to define and lead the fashion world today. Simply saying the word ‘Armani’ immediately conjures up an image of refined style that now stretches from not only fashion but to furniture, hotels, residences, food and even chocolate. Mr. Fairchild always considered Giorgio Armani one of his few designer ‘greats,’ and his status in the fashion pantheon is evidenced by the name everyone calls him: The Maestro.”
More honorees to come, please check back for updates.
WhereNew York City
- 2019 John B. Fairchild Honor Giorgio Armani The Armani Group
- 2017 CEO / Creative Leadership Marco Bizzarri Gucci
2018 CEO/Creative Leadership
Edward Nardoza Honor for CEO/Creative Leadership
- 2018 Best-Performing Company / Small-Cap Stefano Curti Markwins
- 2017 John B. Fairchild Honor Karl Lagerfeld Chanel
- 2018 John B. Fairchild Honor Leonard Lauder The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- 2016 John B. Fairchild Honor Ralph Lauren Ralph Lauren
- 2018 Corporate Citizenship Francois-Henri Pinault Kering
- 2018 Best-Performing Company / Large-Cap Dani Reiss Canada Goose
- 2016 CEO / Creative Leadership Sidney Toledano LVMH
- 2017 Best Performing Company, Large Cap Moncler
- 2017 Corporate Citizenship Patagonia
- 2017 Best Performing Company, Small Cap The RealReal